Friday, April 13, 2012

Chocolate Philadelphia

I feel like this stuff has already had more publicity than something you put on toast actually deserves. Anyway, in case you happen to be burning with excitement to learn what it tastes like, the answer is: well, chocolatey cream cheese. It's probably not as cloyingly sweet as Nutella or other chocolate spreads. But it doesn't bowl you over with an intense cocoa flavour either. Just 86 calories per serving, according to the tub, but it's still one-third sugar. What's wrong with good old-fashioned hot buttered toast anyway?

What do you think of it? Let me know using the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Yuk yuk - waste of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise that chocolate-cream cheese existed! I'm curious to try it, and I'm also curious if one could just blend together melted chocolate and cream cheese in a food processor and come up with sort of the same thing?

    PS: I'm a die-hard Nutella fan. :)

    ReplyDelete