Thursday, December 26, 2013

Festive veggie lunch

Here's my Christmas dinner - a fantastic squash and blue cheese Wellington. I hasten to add that I didn't make it (my talented mother-in-law did that).

You can make it ahead and freeze it, so it's ideal for entertaining when you've got lots of other things to sort out. Served with roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots and the obligatory Brussels sprouts, it was extremely good.

The filling is quite firm when cold...

The recipe is from BBC Good Food. The only variation on the recipe is that my dinner was made with blue Cheshire cheese instead of blue Wensleydale. I'm not sure where you'd get hold of blue Wensleydale (unless you happen to live near the Wensleydale creamery) and I imagine it would work equally well with Stilton instead.

I hope all your Christmas dinners were as good as this.

...and oozes out when hot

No comments:

Post a Comment